Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pasta, it's whats for dinner....


Hi Bloggers! I promised you a recipe and that is sort of what you're gonna get. I was trying to lighten up the recipe as alfredo sauce calls for heavy cream.The original recipe for alfredo sauce I found on allrecipes.com and the calories per serving were over 700. Soooooooo. I substituted fat free half and half. Then I decided that the sauce probably would not get thick enough. Here goes. I am a hit and miss cook who rarely measures. Here are the ingredients:

Tall carton Fat free half and half
1 stick butter
3 T flour
garlic to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
1 1/2 C grated parmesan
Sundried tomatoes,drained
fresh basil for garnish
4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced

Make a roux with melted butter and flour on medium heat. Whisk until smooth. Slowly add half and half stirring continuously until sauce thickens. Add parmesan and continue to stir. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Add cooked chicken. Lastly add sundried tomatoes. I use the marinated kind that comes in a jar. Top with garnish of fresh basil and a few more sundried tomatoes. Serve over your favorite pasta.
I use Harry and David brand Garlic Basil fedelini. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment