Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Merry Merry!

My daughter came home from college a few days early and surprised us this weekend.  I'm so happy to see her!  She is so much fun to be with and I am in much need of girl time!  She was ready to deck the halls the minute she walked through the door!  I was considering not putting up the big tree this year.  With only my husband and myself I was going to decorate a mini tree and be happy with that.  As a matter of fact I had a blast making these bird and birdcage ornaments using the Sizzix Tim Holtz dies.  I chose a silver tree reminiscent of the tree my great grandma Tillie had when I was a tot.  I loved her tree.  She had the old fashioned color wheel that would illuminate the branches in different colors.  She had beautiful glass ornaments and little birds that clipped to the branches.  I decorated my tree with the Shiny Brite ornaments that I found at an estate sale and a few minis from Hobby Lobby.  My favorites are the birds and birdcages I created!  I think grandma Tillie would like them.
Today Em and I are headed to Austin to go antiqueing!  Can't wait to see what kind of vintage goodness we can find!  Have a great day bloggers!  Enjoy your loved ones this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment